A Covid-19 staying safe message from Barwick Day Nursery and Forest Preschool
We are well aware of the difficulties that our parents and carers are facing right now in the middle of this pandemic. I thank both my staff, parents and children for all your understanding and patience as we navigate our way through the reams of government guidance to ensure our setting remains safe. The government guidance changes on a regular basis, but we are working hard to ensure Barwick Day Nursery remains a safe place for our children to be happy, settled and confident.
I know and totally understand how hard it is to balance work and childcare and that is why we are going all out on our safety measures to ensure our nursery stays safe. We have been open since June and have not had a case in the setting.This is due to staff and parents working together and doing the right thing to keep our bubble safe.
Safety at Barwick Day Nursery
- Following guidance
- Staggered drop-off and collection times
- If children show any signs of being unwell, we ask them to go home and have a test before returning to the setting
- If you or your child have any symptoms of Coronavirus, do not come to the Nursery. Please follow NHS advice
- If your child displays any symptoms of coronavirus during their time at Barwick Day Nursery you will be contacted to collect your child and be advised to be tested for coronavirus
- Single setting provision – if you use another setting you are unable to attend Barwick Day Nursery
- Minimise contact with individuals who are unwell. Stay in your bubble
- If you or someone in your household has symptoms, do not attend the setting
- Wear a face mask unless exempt when dropping off and picking up your child
- Wash hands thoroughly, more often than usual
- Ensure good respiratory hygiene by promoting the “catch it, bin it, kill it” approach
- Introduced enhanced cleaning, including cleaning frequently touched surfaces often using standards products, such as detergents and bleach
- Where necessary, wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
These points must be in place in the setting all the time.
Response to any infection:
9. Engage with the NHS test and trace process
10. Manage confirmed cases of coronavirus (Covid-19) and inform relevant departments and authorities
11. Contain any outbreak by following local health protection team advice.
These points must be followed in every case where they are relevant.
Barwick Day Nursery Staff are not required to wear face masks or coverings.
We will continue to follow the Government guidance and we will continue to update advice and review our setting with regards to drop off and collections times and operating hours in the day to fit with guidelines.
Should you have any further questions or concerns about our Covid procedures and how we are staying safe during this pandemic, we would be more than happy to answer them for you. Please use our contact button.